Entries have started to come in for the 2018 Lighthouse Society Calendar. We have received entries for 9 of the 12 categories. Nothing for the “Reflection” category or the Kid’s categories. If you have a young photographer in your family, consider upgrading to the Society’s family membership for an additional $10. We want to get young people interested in lighthouses!
Here are the 12 categories (one for each month):
o Black and white (this can be a computer generated conversion from color)
o Kid’s perspective (photographers 9 and younger)
o Older kid’s perspective (10 – 15 years old)
o Preservation project or special event
o Sunrise / sunset
o Technology (lens, fog signal, etc.)
o Unusual angle or perspective
o Weather (snow, storms, lightning, etc.)
- Participating photographers must be current members of the U.S. Lighthouse Society. Goto <uslhs.org/membership> to join.
- Digital submissions only. Submit image files to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please create low resolution jpg files around 8 by 6 inches at 72 dpi. (If chosen for the calendar, we will need an 8 by 10 inch image at a minimum of 300 dpi. Unfortunately, smaller images cannot be used for the final printed product.)
- Include photographer name, lighthouse name, state, year taken, and submission category in the file name of your photo.
- Members may submit one photo per category. Kids may submit up to three photos in their categories. Submit only photos that you have taken.
- Photos should be unrestricted. Unless you instruct the Society otherwise, by submitting images to this project, you are giving your permission for the Society to use your image in social media and in printed publications. You also are agreeing that your image will become part of the Society’s digital archive.
- Submission deadline is September 15, 2017.
Submitted by Candace Clifford, July 25, 2017.
* * * * *
U.S. Lighthouse Society News is produced by the U.S. Lighthouse Society to support lighthouse preservation, history, education and research. Please join the U.S. Lighthouse Society if you are not already a member. If you have items of interest to the lighthouse community and its supporters, please email them to email@example.com.