The Society has developed 12 categories or photo themes to challenge its members to take different types of photos and perhaps explore a lighthouse with a new eye.
Click on the links below to see galleries of recent submissions.
o Black and white (this can be a computer generated conversion from color)
o Technology (lens, fog signal, etc.)
o Weather (snow, storms, lightning, etc.)
- Participating photographers must be current members of the U.S. Lighthouse Society. Goto uslhs.org/membership to join.
- Submit digital images to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please submit low resolution jpg files around 8 by 6 inches at 72 dpi. (If chosen for the calendar, we will need an 8 by 10 inch image at a minimum of 300 dpi. Unfortunately, smaller images cannot be used for the final printed product.)
- Include photographer name, lighthouse name, state, year taken, and submission category in the file name of your photo.
- Members may submit up one photo per category. Submit only photos that you have taken.
- Photos should be unrestricted. Unless you instruct the Society otherwise, by submitting images to this project, you are giving your permission for the Society to use your image in social media and in printed publications. You also are agreeing that your image will become part of the Society’s digital archive.
- Submission deadline is September 15, 2017.
All participants will receive a copy of the calendar and it will be available for sale through the Society for holiday giving.